Ultimately it is the rider’s responsibility to ensure that all their riding gear is in good condition and meets CMA requirements.
Helmets will be checked at registration – please have the certification sticker inside ready to show at registration. A helmet sticker of the appropriate class colour will be affixed to the left side of the chin bar of the helmet upon inspection. This sticker is required before being allowed on track.
Riding gear will be checked at pregrid as you queue for your ride group session.
Riders with more than one motorcycle must obtain additional riding gear/tech inspection card (with their membership number) at riding gear inspection. They must present their card for each bike registered in their name.
The riding gear inspectors will keep a list of the membership number for all riders whose gear has passed inspection. Any rider who crashes will be required to bring their gear for re-inspection after having been cleared to resume participation by the medical staff.
- All helmets must be no older than 7 years from date of manufacture. Helmets must be of the full face type and conform to one of the following standards.
• Europe – ECE 22-05
• Great Britain – BS-6658 Grade A
• Japan-JIS-T-8133 2007
• North America - Snell M2010/M2015
- Modular or flip up style helmets are not allowed.
- The standards label must be legible on the helmet.
- The face shield must be securely attached.
- The chin strap must be free of any tears or cuts.
- The helmet shell must be intact with no chips, scratches, or holes through the gel coat.
- The liner must be intact and not dried out.
- Helmet mounted cameras of any type are forbidden. ** Cameras or any other accessory mounted to the motorcycle must be securely mounted and tethered.
- Suit must be of leather construction, some nylon or perforated areas permissible where they provide ventilation
- One or two piece leathers are allowed. One piece leathers are recommended.
- If two piece – attachment zipper must be heavy duty and operate properly and completely join the top to the bottom, zip must be at least 3/4 around waist
- Seams must be intact, zippers on sleeves and legs must be functional.
- Minor abrasions are allowed as long as they do not compromise the strength of the leathers.
- Sliders or knee pucks incorporating any metal or a similar material designed to create sparks are not allowed.
- Must be of leather or hard plastic construction and designed specifically for motorcycling use.
- Must be a minimum of 8″ (20.32cm) in height measured from the heel.
- Minor abrasions that do not compromise the strength of the boots are allowed.
- Seams must be intact, zippers or closures must be functional, and soles must be intact and not worn through.
- No construction boots or steel toes allowed.
- Boots incorporating any metal or a similar material designed to create sparks are not allowed.
- Glove must be a gauntlet style of leather construction that are designed specifically for motorcycling use.
- Seams must be intact and zippers or other closures must be functional.
- Any abrasions must not expose the hand or wrist.
- Back protectors are mandatory and must be designed specifically for motorcycling use.
- Back protection must have impact resistant plates or equivalent standards-approved construction such as CE EN1621-1 or EN1621-2. EN1621-2 is recommended.
- Closures are fasteners must be functional.
MEDICAL INFORMATION CARD
- A Medical Information Card SHOULD be completed by the rider and carried inside their leathers or preferably attached to their helmet, on the exterior left rear. It is not mandatory.
Revision Date: 08-April-2017