Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

US Desmo - Ducks Along the Blue Ridge (DABR)

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

US Desmo - Ducks Along the Blue Ridge (DABR)

Postby The Goochman » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:27 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Anybody up for a great road rally?

For those of you who might be interested in starting out your season with a ride in the mountains of North Carolina, read on!

US Desmo is an off shoot of the DOCC that is based in North Carolina. Their first event of the season is DABR, which is a road rally that is run out of Mount Airy NC. It runs from May 2 - 4 this year. Here is the link to the Event Flyer.

I will be heading down Thursday morning. My plan is to spend Friday riding in the mountains with whoever shows up early, ride the rally on Saturday and head home Sunday, usually after a breakfast run, which is optional depending on the weather.

I am looking for company and to share expenses on the run down to Mt Airy. I have a pickup and a trailer so theoretically I have room for up to 4 bikes. I can pick up people anywhere between Sarnia and Toronto if anyone would like to tag along. From Sarnia, it is just under 1000km or about 10 - 11 hours travel time.

In case you are wondering why the trailer, simple, the weather at the northern end of the route can be iffy at times. One year I hit freezing rain coming back through Detroit after a wonderful weekend down south. For me, it is too early in the season to trust Canadian weather.

Let me know if you are interested!

Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics