Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Calabogie Lowside

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Calabogie Lowside

Postby Jim Engeland » Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:57 pm

As some of you know, I had a little 'get off' in turn 5 and scratched up the little yellow rocket. No physical damage to me other than a bruised ego and a broken fingernail.
I was able to piece together the moments leading up to the crash on the drive home. Nothing like hour upon hour of quiet contemplation on the 401 right through Toronto (one lane dedicated to the Pan Am games) to clear up the memory. I considered mechanical failure, pilot error and even an unexpected weather anomaly (micro gravity storm). Then I remembered! I started around turn 5 as I had been doing time after time when suddenly, from out of nowhere, a big yellow school bus full of innocent, happy children pulled across right in front of me. My only option was to lay the bike down and save those little nippers from a future of nightmares and therapy.
Please, I don't want to be called a hero. I only did what any other DOCC member would do in a similar situation...

Jim Engeland
DOCC #926
Jim Engeland

Re: Calabogie Lowside

Postby duc 926 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 pm

Jim:
We were under the impression that you were on a hot lap and would have bettered Jordan Zoke's lap record of two minutes had you not tucked the front in turn 5, but your version works too.

Stewart
duc 926

Postby paul w » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:58 pm

Jim your humanitarian efforts are duly noted. :lol:
paul w

Postby huit » Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:08 pm

Jim,I would expect nothing lees from you!!
Hopefully you will be ready to play at Grattan!
Paul
huit

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics