Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Noob Help

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Noob Help

Postby Bryce144 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:18 pm

I have Finally started to Restore My Fathers bike. This is a late 60's early 70's model with frame numbers Dm350 * 03659 * and engine Numbers DM350 04633. I have no other numbers from the bike as the actual plate was lost or not there. I need help to Identify the bike, There are some after-market welds and some other things on the bike, it looks to have been through an accident, had to have been in the late 70's before my father acquired the bike. I will be able to post some pictures of the bike parts as I moved across Canada and it has been disassembled for the move.
Bryce144

Re: Noob Help

Postby The Goochman » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:16 am

Bryce,

No where near enough information here to help you out, sorry. The engine and frame numbers do not help in identifying a specific bike, especially since someone might have played mix and match at sometime in the bikes history.

Some of that welding may well have been factory. I have seen some pretty sloppy welds on old Ducati frames.

I think pictures are what we are going to need to get any further. Have you tried the "Bevelheads" list on Micapeak? That list contains a world wide expertise on all things bevel Ducati.

Lastly, where are you located?

Dave G
aka The Goochman
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby fmcd92 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 8:20 pm

Bryce,
What Dave said...(pictures)

From those numbers (they never were matched) sounds to me like a first run 350 Sebring narrowcase from 1966.
I will have a look at a few I have here and verify this.

Keep us posted, please. We like mysteries here.

With best regards,

Fran
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Michel Roby » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:02 pm

Hi Bryce... You can go straight to Ducati in Italy via email... They have dedicated people to support just this type of request. A friend of mine just did exactly what you want last month and got a phone call (yes, a phone call directly from Italy...) the next day from them for details. In fact, this same Ducati guy called back 2 more times and, at the end, sent him an email with a confirmation that his bike was a 1965 Mark3 250. It was all done within a few days.

Let me know if you need more details... you can send me a PM.
Cheers, Michel
Michel Roby

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech