Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Vintage appraisal

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Vintage appraisal

Postby harris155 » Sat May 03, 2014 10:39 am

Looking to get two 70's vintage bevel drives appraised in South West Ontario.
One is a 72 750 GT cafe style with lots of period mods and the other is a 75 860GT pretty stock.
Thanks.
harris155

Re: Vintage appraisal

Postby #99 » Sat May 10, 2014 8:05 pm

There are a couple in the 519 area code.

http://www.daltontimmis.com/divisions/h ... appraisers

Jim Danniels did my GT over 10 years ago when I had it. I think it was a good appraisal for the market at the time.

Dave

Re: Vintage appraisal

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Mon May 12, 2014 12:27 pm

Hello ,
One must ask what the purpose of the appraisals is ? Are they for insurance purposes or are they to determine what the value is for sale purposes.

The reason I ask this is, I know of a situation where one of my friends had his much modified bike with lots of bling on it appraised and then approached his insurer to insure it for replacement value (he was quite willing to pay any increase in his premium.) His insurance company immediately cancelled his policy as they now considered his bike a risk for both theft and accidents re the performance equipment that he had added. He then had to jump through hoops to find a new insurer .All they looked at was the fact that an insurance company had cancelled his insurance ,not why!

If your appraisal is for insurance purposes be careful how you approach an insurance company on older ,modified bikes.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech