Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Grand Bend Saturday

Ontario & Quebec
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Grand Bend Saturday

Postby gordlalonde » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:16 pm

anybody going to the sport bike day at Grand Bend (dragracing) Motorplex on saturday 16th?

I am going with some buddys, time to see what the Diavel does at the strip. :D
gordlalonde

Re: Grand Bend Saturday

Postby Rob374 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 pm

We would love to hear about that. If the thing is as fast as advertised make sure your velcrod to the seat
Rob374

Postby Mike Heggarty » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 pm

Hi Gord,
I will be racing the #70 Ducs with Soar. Please stop byTeam Teancious trailer and say hi.
I would love to come over and watch if I have time. Have fun and rip it up !!!!
Cheers
Mike Heggarty
Docc Ex Regional Rep...
Mike Heggarty

Postby gordlalonde » Sun Jun 17, 2012 10:31 am

gordlalonde

Postby Mike Heggarty » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Hi Gord,
To bad about your clutch, were you dumping or slipping ?
Sorry I missed you. I drag raced years ago, walked away and never went back. This was my first time seeing the current bikes in a very long time. Pretty cool watching the cars & "Harley " clone fuellers. Anything running low 6's @ 220 + something is pretty awsome and a site to behold isn't it ?
Anyway, come August after you have your clutch fixed, put a round tire on it and do the the road course with us. I've heard from a few people you bike works surprisingly well - at Cayuga no less so GBMP is better. Try it out. You have time to prepare. Definitly more track time and if you sleep at the line nobody really cares.
You can start later....
Mike H #70
Mike Heggarty

Postby gordlalonde » Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:51 am

slipping it, trying to get the hardest launch. no doubt that it was my abuse that was hard on the clutch

Sunday, after a nights rest the clutch is working better, it seems to "throb" now, but it isnt slipping so thats good.

I do have a track day bike, (supermoto) and get out to track days , just saturday was a friend wanted to go try drag racing, and I went with him as I was curious to see how the diavel would run.

Of the bikes I sold to buy this diavel, both my R1 and "stockish" gsxr1000 would run low 10s, and my trackday only gsxr1000 ull superbike, motor by scott miller) without lowering it, running it as it was setup for mosport, ran a best of 9.9, would run 10.0 all day consistently with a 156-158 terminal mph.(man I wish I had not sold that, but stu seems happy with it) :)

So I thought maybe 10.9 was possible giving the length and tire, but I just didnt have the focus I guess.
Ah, good fun anyways :D

I am missing my sportbikes, and am saving for another right now, maybe a track only bike as the diavel is all the streetbike I need given the current police presence,......
gordlalonde

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Central Region