Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

where to find Fiber Glass Cloth

Ontario & Quebec
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

where to find Fiber Glass Cloth

Postby bandito » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:45 am

Hi,

I am looking to make molds for some of the fairing panels on my bike and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get fiber glass cloth. I live in Hamilton, Ontario and I am willing to travel some distances to get it.

Thanks!
bandito

Re: where to find Fiber Glass Cloth

Postby paul w » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:35 am

I usually just go to Canadian Tire as they have chop and woven. If you want to go fancy you can go to the marine guys down at the yacht club I know they have it.
paul w

Postby The Goochman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 4:50 pm

The marine guys are a better choice than Canadian Tire. You may also want to use epoxy resins (West Systems?) as opposed to the sh*t that CT sells. They cost a lot more, but they are worth it.

Look at Aircraft Spruce. They cater to the homebuilt aircraft market. Google them, but I know that they have an outlet somewhere in the Toronto area, as well as mail order sales.

You are wasting your time with polyester resins. They are good for (car) body repairs and not much more. (But I assume that you know that already.)

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby bandito » Sun Dec 23, 2012 8:44 pm

Actually today I got the fiberglass cloth from PrincessAuto. I also bought the bondo as I have a few deep scratches to fix, 3m resin and 600 grit sand paper. I got mothers wax from Canadian tire. I couldn't find any gel coat but a rep at Canadian tire suggested I use Vaseline but I am not sure if that will work. It would be nice to be able to use vaseline as I probably won't be able to get gel coat until the new year.
bandito

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Central Region