Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Sad News: E’ morto Massimo Tamburini

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
1 post • Page 1 of 1

Sad News: E’ morto Massimo Tamburini

Postby The Goochman » Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:13 pm

Translated by Google

A very bad news last night has died Massimo Tamburini . Unfortunately, he was sick a few months ago, few knew the severity of his condition, and lung cancer, if it is taken away in a hurry.

Maximus had seventy-one years , was born in Rimini in November of '43, and many loved him even among readers of our website. It 'was a great designer, but also a lover of the bike . His genius has given us some of the most beautiful motorcycle in the world, by Bimota to Ducati Supersport, from small up to 125 Cagiva MV. No one could remain indifferent to the vibrations emanating his creations, which were perfect in every detail but above all they were living creatures. The modern sport bike has done Max . And he often told that after the first conversion of an MV 750, coming so-so, it was launched in the reconstruction of his Honda 750 Four demolished on the track at Misano , in a disastrous fall in the curve of the Oak. To do it again as it was, began to redesign the frame and then the tank and fairing, and so were born the Bimota. "I had fallen in Oak - he said, smiling like a biker any - maybe I would not have even made ​​the Bimota."

We will remember him with affection and nostalgia, and these days we shake ideally to his wife, his daughter, his son who followed his way . Personally, I met Max and his wife in September, when I went to San Marino to see him in his big house to carry out the interview for Moto.it. I did not know that could be the last: Massimo Tamburini was full of enthusiasm, had no intention of getting retired, had major projects ; remember his vision of a sports bike fully adjustable in all of its parameters, including the stiffness of the frame. I was amused that afternoon with Massimo. was friendly, witty, ready to beat . Will be missed by all those who knew him, and to others, to all those who simply love the bike. And who knows how Massimo Tamburini has given us .

Nico Cereghini

Moto.it

April 6, 2014
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

1 post • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics