Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Silencers

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Silencers

Postby fmcd92 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:26 pm

Vintage/Classic last post was end of May so time to wake up Sleeping Beauty!

Would anyone who cares have knowledge of a N A manufacturer of race exhausts who might build an inversion silencer exhaust very similar to the track-only Ducati singles jobs built so effectively by Gibson in the UK?

These are of tapered-section head pipes to a megga encased in an absorbtion type silencer allegedly capable of slicing off enough bark to achieve 96 or 98 dB while still doing for crappy old 80-degree included valve angle heads what only a megga can do.

Anyone here cousin to Lang Hindle?

If I can sort this exhaust issue I promise to ride my 350 once more at all DOCC track events.

Yours in antiquity,

Fran
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Re: Silencers

Postby gorjen » Fri Oct 28, 2011 5:18 pm

I am in the process of building a 350 for the track which I hope to have rolling by next May. Somebody suggested to me that I find a used Supertrapp off a small displacement bike and use the silencer off of that, given the ability to change the number of baffle plates. Does anyone have any experience with that?

Gord
gorjen

Postby Mike Heggarty » Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:48 pm

Hi Fran,
I'm almost set up to build some and can probably help out. Just looking at different material options - either stainless or aluminum and tig welded.
I might build some whole pipes as well. The plan is to use Marks Lussier's 350 as the test mule. I'm pretty sure it currently ranks as a loud bike with the open meg.
Cheers
Mike Heggarty #70
Mike Heggarty

Postby fmcd92 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:32 pm

Good work Mr. Mike!

See about having under-sump built with tapered or stepped head pipe to secondary section and use a megaphone with reverse cone and ask about an inversion silencer per what the Brits use on their bloody big CRMC singles with Herron heads pumping over 60 HP from a Manx Notrun. Those lads have noise restrictions over there in Blighty at least as serious as our Calabogie. Singles should be serious silliness on Calabogie so this is a worthy project. My brother Chris says he has little interest in the weeny singles but we all know he wants a ride on something ridiculous and a Duc single at a DOCC track rally would certainly seem ridiculous.

I love 'em but everyone knows I remain an absolute paragon of seriousness, OK?

Keep me posted on your progress, Mike.

Oh, any way you can join us here for some offroad riding? 9.5 km trail right here at home, lots of room.

Regards,
Fran
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Mike Heggarty » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:37 am

Hi Fran,
Think Kablooie hush puppies. I'm thinking spring fed to an open meg for quiet days.
Anybody else interested ?
Mike Heggarty #70
Mike Heggarty

Postby andb1 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:24 am

give me a call mike i might have some insite to your problem

613-827-4200

Andrew Cuttler
andb1

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech