Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Need a special tool for my roundcase

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Need a special tool for my roundcase

Postby Bern » Sat Jan 14, 2012 9:31 pm

I'm in the process of fixing the leaks on my roundcase and one of the big leaks is around the countershaft . Unfortunately to get at the seals I need a special tool. Anyone have one of these I could use for a few days or buy?

https://shop.bevelheaven.com/detail.aspx?ID=51

Also if you have an extra exhaust nut removal tool I would be interested in it as well.

I'm in the Toronto area.

Thanks,
Bern
Bern

Re: Need a special tool for my roundcase

Postby cm250to999 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 am

Bern

I don't have an extra exhaust tool, I do have one original factory tool. While very reluctant to loan tools, we might work out a loan.

I've never owned the C/S nut tool, but changed primary sprockets plenty. Simple long punch will work. Alternate 180 the impact even a tight nut will go. Take time to grind punch to fit pocket well, to minimize marring.

Hope that helps

Chris @
Ducati
Toronto
For, those that fly, may fight againe, Which he can never do that's slain.
OR: Fewer crashes mean more track time. ;)
cm250to999

Postby fmcd92 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:22 pm

Phil at Road & Race Australia usually stocks an exhaust nut wrench reproduction and not overly dear.

Google the title and/or simply email and ask: roadrace@connect.net.au

Franco
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Bern » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:27 am

Thanks guys,

Chris the sprocket nut came off with ease in fact the star washer was spinning by hand (the tab that engages with the countershaft splines was bent). I've heard that the sprocket nut has to be quite snug to ensure that there is no leak from here. I used the centre punch route when tightening it up. Getting that large junk seal out was not an easy task and that snap ring for the small seal was quite fiddly but at least they're in now.

Should I be packing all of those clutch activation arm pieces(rods and ball bearing) in with some heavy grease?

Franco I'm ordering a wrench from Bevelheaven, I figure the shipping costs will be less. Appreciate the offer for the loan Chris, I can understand the reluctance to lend them out especially factory tools. BTW Franco,I noticed you're in Shawville. I spent a fair bit of time at a friends cottage in Quyon, many nights at the RVI. I was driving a Honda Hurricane back then.

Cheers,
Bern
Bern

Postby cm250to999 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:33 am

I like to use a slather of moly assy lube for today's one piece clutch pushrod (at wear points). So I would use some grease on those pieces.

The seal sleeve has no o-ring, so clean and tight would reduce chance of oil creep under the sleeve. Not ringing a bell that was a big problem back when racing a sport.
For, those that fly, may fight againe, Which he can never do that's slain.
OR: Fewer crashes mean more track time. ;)
cm250to999

Postby 4theloveofducati » Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:01 am

http://www.guzzino.com/exsymu.html

they have a Lot of cool things!!! and thats the page for the exhaust nut tool, And exhaust nuts!!
4theloveofducati

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech