Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

1990 750 Sport

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

1990 750 Sport

Postby litstw » Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:41 am

My 750 has been stored for a few years and I am looking to get it back on the road. I went to the local dealer and they do not have a parts listing for my bike. Does anyone know where I can get a parts phish/manual or know who would stock parts or be able to order parts for me.
litstw

Re: 1990 750 Sport

Postby 4theloveofducati » Tue Aug 07, 2012 12:22 pm

Hope this is of Some help!
http://www.guzzino.com/ducati.html
4theloveofducati

Postby The Goochman » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:44 pm

The Guzzino link was for bevel parts.

I suggest that you check the Ducati.it website. They will either have a parts manual available right on the website for download, or if you e-mail them and ask nicely, they will e-mail you a copy if it is available.

There is no need to buy a copy.

WWW.ducnu.??? will sell you a copy of the Ducati shop manual for about five Euro. They may also have the parts manual available as well.

Any Ducati dealer should be able to get parts for you, especially if you have the part number.

Ducati Omaha has an on-line store where you can get any part that is available. They should also have the parts manual for viewing but not downloading.

Does you bike have the 16" wheels? Tires can be a real problem if you do. Engine parts are common with current production. Tell the parts guy that you have an early 750 Monster. Most of the engine bits are probably the same. I have an Cagiva Alazzurra (650 Pantah motor), that's what I tell them. If you think you get a blank stare when you say 750 Sport, you should see the looks I get when I say Cagiva!

There is a mail list with a bunch of really good people that can help you out with your bike called "Pantaheads". It is on Micapeak. Google is your friend.

As far as dealers go, the question is where are you located? I tend to mail order most of my stuff because it is faster and less expensive and the closest dealer is a 2 hour round trip away x 2 because they won't have anything in stock.

If there is anything else I can do, don't hesitate to ask.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby 4theloveofducati » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:34 pm

Dave, your are correct sir!! I was only under the assumption that it would be a bevel, bein in the vintage section, see where I'm comming from!! :P

If its regarding a belt driven, I would assume it would be a more "modern" model :D but sadly, the early belt driven are mostly all vintage now :cry:
4theloveofducati

Postby litstw » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:34 am

I am located in Vancouver BC Canada. And yes I pretty much got the we don't have a parts list for your bike try calling the USA. I tried calling some USA dealers but It seems like everyone in north america is now using the same computer parts list which does not list my model.

I would like have an actual parts list if possible as I want to be sure that I order a correct part and not have to try to return a special order part. I emailed Ducati and they gave me some phone numbers in Italy which were dead ends due to language issues.

You are correct about the 16" ft wheel.
litstw

Postby 4theloveofducati » Wed Aug 08, 2012 11:51 am

There is always Steve Monroe with loudbike ( http://www.loudbikestore.com/ ) an you could always contact him and ask him about the parts lists, and has lots of parts that may suit you're needs.

And on a plus side, is Canadian based so shipping would not deal with duty and what not!
4theloveofducati

Postby The Goochman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:24 pm

There is a Factory 1990 Ducati 750 Sport Service manual for sale on e-bay motors with a buy it now of $60. Grab it if you don't already have one!

Someone is also selling PDF's of the manual cheaper, but of unknown quality.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby The Goochman » Wed Aug 08, 2012 10:32 pm

Try contacting Ducati Customer Support via the customer contact form

http://www.ducati.com/company/contact_u ... m/index.do

If you ask them nicely, they may just send you a manual.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby The Goochman » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:30 pm

Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby markk900 » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:58 pm

Steve Munro sent around an announcement that he and Bar are getting out of the mail order business so get your loudbike stuff while you can.

While he's far more focused on bevels, Phil Hitchcock at Road and Race (google is your friend) has pantah stuff and is extremely good to deal with. Steve Allen at bevelheaven also often has belt parts as well. Chris at california cycleworks is good to deal with.

If you know what you're looking for the dealership often has early parts - got a set of old style belts for $35 at the local dealer (in stock no less!).

There is a LOT of interchangeability for all of the early belt motors so get those parts lists and start researching! Running gear is a little harder but consumables are easy to cross reference to available stuff (didn't the Sport still use F08 calipers, for example?).

pantaheads is the place to ask questions.....
Mark
markk900

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech