Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

It only took 36 years

Ontario & Quebec
7 posts • Page 1 of 1

It only took 36 years

Postby Hornepayne » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:57 am

Good day everyone, Just purchased, and just joined. I've been riding now for a little over 36 years, on 9 different bikes. A couple of months ago, my youngest son purchased a 2012 696 Monster ABS. I had the painful pleasure of riding the bike home 1400 km's from the dealer in Whitby. The performance was grand, but the comfort level was :( . Against everyone's suggestions, and my own better judgement, last week I purchased a 2012 848 Corse se. It was my first time on a super bike, and driving off for home I had a feeling in my gut that I had just made the biggest mistake of my riding career. This was confirmed when I spent the first 1hr or so riding in the city. The 848 did not like traffic, and the heat coming up was nothing short of 1st degree. Once I got on the hwy, things changed, and by the time I had 500km on I knew I had made a good choice. I did the 1400km in two shots, and only stopped for gas and food. Every 2 to 3 hours was all the tank had. The only other bike that I had that was more comfortable was my FLHTC. Great bike, great feeling, and a big thumbs up to the crew at GP bikes for the suspension set up, and fitting the bike to me. :shock: Any of you old timers that are skeptical about a super bike, I'm here to tell you, I could ride this thing to Alaska, and enjoy every mile.

In closing, glad to be a part of Ducati, and part of the DOCC. Robert Traven -- Hornepayne Ontario
Traction, Traction, Traction.......
Hornepayne

Re: It only took 36 years

Postby webb70 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:34 am

Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the Club !!!!
:) :)
Kiss French, Drive German, and Ride Italian !
webb70

Postby 4theloveofducati » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:44 am

Congrats on both! And I love when people say the superbikes are not ment for long haul and theres someone out there proving them wrong!

You could have asked on here if anyone knew anything about shipping the bike! The company I work for runs hwy 11 every single day, of you're location is right and I'm thinking you are just in between 11 and hwy17
4theloveofducati

Postby DuckItalia » Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 pm

WTTC!

Suspension set-up makes a HUGE difference in bike comfort and there is also the rider size etc that plays a big deal too but that most people underestimate and blame the bike first hand when they feel its not comfortable, Glad to hear you love your new purchase and happy to see another happy owner. Post pics when you can, those SE are awesome looking bikes, congrats on the purchase...;)

Yannick
DuckItalia

Postby Hornepayne » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Traction, Traction, Traction.......
Hornepayne

Postby 4theloveofducati » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:02 pm

4theloveofducati

Postby lunatic » Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 pm

Hey my old friend .... congratulations on your Corse SE.... but my GOD buddy ... what the F*@k do you want with one up THERE ??? after running the north and south highways a few times on my bike, I wanted to commit suicide !!!
YOU NEED to move down here (it's fine, you're junior to me) to Belleville where you can USE that track day weapon on Shannonville / Mosport / Calabogie .... That's what it was meant for Rob.
It's a beauty ... I've had wonderful Ducatis .... My current love Ducati is a S4Rs TRI-COLORE Monster .... 145 hp of fun ... it's a hoot ....

I don't have to ask if you are the only Duc owner there .... :)

enjoy ...
but get a Multistrata for your tours ... don't be retarded ...
lunatic

7 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Central Region