Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Grand Bend Helment Requirements

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Grand Bend Helment Requirements

Postby Anne Marie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:15 pm

Is a 2005 snell helment acceptable for Grand Bend Rally?

Thanks Anne Marie
Anne Marie

Re: Grand Bend Helment Requirements

Postby robb916998 » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:48 pm

Yes 2005 will be accepted !

Probably the last year for 2005 !!
hi
robb916998

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:26 pm

Hello all,
For clarification re helmet regulation .Snell 2010 was required at both Mosport and Calabogie what would be the reason for allowing Snell 2005 at Grand Bend.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Postby fmcd92 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 7:20 pm

We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Hello Fran
Thanks for the info .I thought that it would be something to do with who would be providing insurance.
Unfortunately,I believe that ,if this is a Ducati Owners Club event produced and sanctioned by the Club ,it's members and executive then the riding gear requirements adopted by the executive for the Club and published in the Clubs 'Riding Gear Requirements' must apply.Upon checking these requirements I notice that the Clubs Requirement is for Snell 2010. If this is a event that is not an official Ducati Owners Club event then it would be what the producer of the event requires.The Club executive should clarify this, if the Club requires Snell 2010 at it's events and allows riders on the track without Snell 2010 then there is ,in my opinion, an enormous area of liability for the Club ,it's executive and volunteers.The rally rules and riding gear requirements were put in place to protect the Club,it's executive and members against liability.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Postby robb916998 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:52 pm

ok now I'm confused, again !

It was told to me that the DOCC is NOT sanctioned and their for dose not have to adhere to the sanctioning rules of the cma . Sanctioning is for racing and we are not racing as described to me by the CMA. As we had to scramble to pull are own events together after are agreement with another track day provider fell through . we were relying on them to provide the insurance and were told thay only required snell 2005.
I'm sure we all remember this from last Januarys AGM . i wish I could access he minutes to clip and past some of the discussion's pertaining to this. It was me that said we were going to 2010 for 2013 and I was over ruled in that meeting.

after being taken to issue about helmets my first year as a executive of this club I have worked very hard to maintain a better standard .and I have !!

this years standard still allowed snell 2005 as told to me in the AGM ,this is the transition year and the last year we could accept .

Fran the new president ,John the past president made this public in the AGM .

What did I miss ?
hi
robb916998

Postby fmcd92 » Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:06 pm

Hey Robb,

Absolutely nothing missed from this end of the fooseball game at least.

Staying ahead of insurance definitions and provider details is taking more effort than it should PLUS we have to pay them! Bottom line is 2014 we're Snell and equivalent 2010 for another few seasons, thankfully.

...sigh.

Fran
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:33 pm

Hello All,
Seems to me that you have missed the points that I was trying to make!
-the Club has documented in the riding gear regulations that 2010 Snell helmets are required for Club events.
-the Club required 2010 Snell helmets at Mosport and Calabogie.(set a precedent)
-If Grand Bend is a D.O.C.C. event then the published regulations would and should apply.
For clarification .The definition of sanctioned is as follows, authorize or allow,formal or explicit approval,a mechanism of social control for enforcing a society's standards,authorization--- in my opinion all of these definitions apply to the events produced by the Club at Mosport, Calabogie and Grand Bend.The Club does sanction it's events.
I was at the annual general meeting and cannot remember what was said about helmet specifications.If it was determined that 2010 Snell was not required until 2014 then why were the published regulations changed and why was it not corrected.
All I was trying to bring to your attention was if you require something and document that requirement, set a precedent at previous events using that requirement,then you must require the same standard at following events,even if the track owners/ insurers allow a earlier Snell standard
In other words --say what you do ,do what you say then everyone should be working off the same page.
Also, you as an executive have a responsibility to protect the Club,its executive members ,volunteers,and members against liability.
Treat it as lightly as you want but do not forget the situation that occured previously to a producer of track events at Mosport ,they were taken to court over a on track incident,or the fact that correct Club regulations and documented procedures prevented another Mosport track event producer from the liability of court action.I would say that if you are going to allow anyone to ride at the Grand Bend event, without a Snell 2010 helmet on ,then you better make damn sure that they do not have an off bike experience and if they do you had better make sure that they do not hit their heads. Whatever
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Postby 4theloveofducati » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:27 pm

I can remember from the Agm our event coordinatior saying that the regulations were to be of snell 2010... There were other members there that were happy because they literally Just bought there new helmet for this season, and then it started getting over ruled...
4theloveofducati

Postby robb916998 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:53 pm

Ok in short
We announced in the agm we did not require 2010 and another track day provider was to look after are events who was still at snell 2005 .
How ever the grand bend event would not be handled by the provider of the other track days so when I aproched gbm and asked if thay could provide insurance and what that would require for a helmet requirement , it was 2005 .ALL GOOD!!
All but the provider backed out on are arrangement to put on are events !
Side bar : nothing against the provider as thay had opertunity that had to be taken !
So we are snell 2005 and after this event please god let this bull shit be over .
Was that short ?
Oh wait , nobody hit your head please .
hi
robb916998

Postby old red dog » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Back to the top.... I really hope that Anne Marie got to ride ! Sort , build , paint ....Let's all
look forword to 2014 ! G
old red dog

11 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics