Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Why We Ride, a Christmas surprise

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Why We Ride, a Christmas surprise

Postby Stephen W. » Sat Dec 28, 2013 5:02 pm

On Christmas Eve I found an unexpected surprise in the mail box. My DVD copy of the new movie, Why We Ride. Inside the package was a very nice, hand signed, Seasons Greeting card from Bryan Carroll and Chris Hampel. A thank you for my very small contribution to their film.

If you’ve watched the trailer you’ve had just a glimpse of the sense of community, history and true feelings of riding two wheels this film delivers. Don’t be dissuaded by the critical comments by so called “expert” film critiques. This film cannot be all things to all people. It’s not a remake of “On Any Sunday” so if that’s what you are expecting you will be left wanting. No. instead it’s a new look for the new millennium at the life changing, life affirming life style of those of us that just “get it”! It will not fulfill the hard core racer, there is far too little to satisfy us. It’s not for the crash junkies or blood lust brigade. It’s just a very positive look at most things motorcycle related.

First off you’ll notice the supreme quality of the High Def. video. The lighting, visual textures, art shots and super slow motion make its cinematography far beyond any other motorcycle doc to date.
Next comes the soundtrack. No heavy metal, pop devas or top 40 hits. No, it’s a proper music score befitting any feature film.
Many will argue the content but look at it as a start. If it goes over well enough there is a chance that more will follow on specific aspects of motorcycling. Or, it is possible that it may spawn a TV series.
We’ve watched it twice now and the wife said through tear filled eyes, “it just makes me want to go out into the garage and run my hands over my bike. Get out the cleaning supplies and start detailing Max making him ready for the first ride of 2014.

Watch it if it comes to a town near you and take your disapproving neighbour or your girlfriends parents. Take someone who doesn’t “get it”. Then buy a copy of the DVD and invite people over to watch it with you. I’ll repeat to you one of the best lines I’ve heard in decades…
Don’t be scared, it’s fun. I’ll cheer you on.
the Dreamer (a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 MV Agusta 675 F3, 1998 900 SS FE (bi posto)
Stephen W.

Re: Why We Ride, a Christmas surprise

Postby Montfort » Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:51 pm

Thanks. Have now ordered. Regards, Dave
1995 916
2013 1199R
(22)
Montfort

Re: Why We Ride, a Christmas surprise

Postby Ric » Tue Jan 28, 2014 10:27 pm

Yawn.American bullshit thru and thru.Nicely filmed tho.
I'll meet ya in the bar.
Ric Waterloo #944
Ric

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics