Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Medical data carrier

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Medical data carrier

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:49 pm

Hello All,
In case you are not aware of this:
I was at Marks Work Warehouse today and noticed that they have available in the ear plug,safety helmet supplies area, " Medical Data Carrier " this is a small vinyl pouch that you stick to the outside of your helmet/helmets. It consists of a information data form, that you fill out and insert in the vinyl pouch .
They have been advertised in various motorcycle magazines over the years and I do remember the Club executive considering the purchase of these items, to include in the Track Ralley Package. We tried to negotiate a reasonable price . We could not obtain them ,in quantity ,at a discount at the time and you had to order them from the manufacturer.They were not available at any retailers. That is when we introduced the medical information card. Our thoughts were, that if we offered the means to all riders on the track to have medical information on their person if they suffered a injury ,then we were practicing due diligence.
Well anyways, they are available at Marks .I do not know how long they have been available there. I have always thought that, they were a must have for any rider ,especially those prone to involuntarily dismounts of their motorcycles.I don't know anyone like that ,do you? Marks sells them for $5.99 on your interact/credit card. That's $6.00 in Canada ,if you pay cash.
Tnxs, Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Re: Medical data carrier

Postby 4theloveofducati » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:38 am

Very good to know Eric! They make things simple and easy, stick it on the helmet and you are done
4theloveofducati

Re: Medical data carrier

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:11 pm

Hello All,
I checked my receipt on the weekend and found that they only charged me $3.99 each for the medical data carrier .They must be on special . Bonus! and further to my original post. I reality you really want something clearly visible ,on your helmet ,so that the Medical attendant can retrieve this information without disturbing you any more than necessary. Also if you are in attendance to a fallen rider you really should not remove their helmet or disturb them in any way unless you (a) know what you are doing or (b) your have to immediately move them from imminent danger.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics