Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Knock-knock, anyone there?

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
16 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Re: Knock-knock, anyone there?

Postby Stephen W. » Sun Feb 02, 2014 11:51 am

Fran, I agree with your assessment of the problems but then, that’s what I’ve been saying all along. However you didn’t answer the question of Steve Munro’s position. Is he still a director or not?

Getting back to your assessment, if you read your post you’ll find that you answer your own questions. You are focused only on track days. Over the last five years the executives seem to have forgotten the clubs mission statement and have been concentrating more and more on track days only. By doing so they have alienated and lost many long-time members while at the same time turning off new members. The fact that some members pay $35 dollars and then only receive a calendar just reinforces the elitist stereotype of Ducati ownership.

You are 100% right on the money when you say; “We have spent far too much time and energy constructing detailed scenarios to create excitement…”
Having designed and taught management philosophies I have learned a couple of keys to success. KISS, Keep It Simple, Stupid and Plan the work then work the plan being two of them. The executive need to forget the grandiose schemes and get back to the basics.
Here’s one idea. Many new Ducati owners enjoy Cruise Nights where they ride down to their local coffee shop to mix and mingle with other bikers. How’s that any different from “bench racing” in a parking lot after a club road ride? What the club should do is promote road rides to those types of owners at these kinds of events.
the Dreamer (a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 MV Agusta 675 F3, 1998 900 SS FE (bi posto)
Stephen W.

Previous

16 posts • Page 2 of 21, 2

Return to general interest topics