Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Knock-knock, anyone there?

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Knock-knock, anyone there?

Postby Stephen W. » Thu Jan 23, 2014 3:52 pm

Tap, tap, tap... Check, one-two... Is this thing on?

Anyone have any meaningful details about the AGM yet? Location, time, AGENDA???

I posted a suggestion in the Members Only section that's gone unanswered. Rumour is that the club is down to just three directors and one is putting pressure on another to the point where we may soon be down to just two.

Come on people, this is no way to run a club. The directors need to communicate what is or in this case is not happening.
You other club officers need to squeak up as well. Just because you've been frozen out of any meaningful dialogue with the directors doesn't mean you should just bury you head in a snow bank and hope for an early spring thaw.

Read Dave's thread on the Business of the DOCC (mine threads too) in the Members Only section and lets get discussing this stuff. Who knows what great ideas might come out of it.

Hey, the Leafs are on their longest winning streak in ten years so anything is possible, right?
the Dreamer (a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 MV Agusta 675 F3, 1998 900 SS FE (bi posto)
Stephen W.

Re: Knock-knock, anyone there?

Postby Ric » Thu Jan 23, 2014 9:10 pm

AGM.....just sayin"
I'll meet ya in the bar.
Ric Waterloo #944
Ric

Postby 4theloveofducati » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:45 pm

Yet another post that would be fitting for the Members only section, rather than airing the dirty club laundry out in the general section..

Should your post have gone Un replied to, maybe not but I would be sure the execs would be working on an issue if the rumor is true. At this point with out any confirmation from an exec is only just a rumor

Constantly bringing up internal or not issues in the general forum is no way to support the club either. Everyone is a critic, it's the easiest to be. Why not offer some positivity? I agree that the execs should maybe post something regarding some issues that are within the club but life can be busy for them after all this is a club not their jobs.
4theloveofducati

Postby Stephen W. » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:09 pm

Once again you’ve missed the point of the post. I was asking for meaningful details on the AGM while also trying to get people to visit the Members Only section to stimulate discussion in preparation of said AGM.

The question you need to be asking is, “Why is there dirty laundry in the first place?”

You’re sure that if there were issues the execs would be working on them, really? You need to read Eric’s thread Executive Communication.

CMG launching a new website, making suggestions to streamline the AGM, talking about a great new motorcycle movie, posting to the December Caption Contest and asking members to discuss other members posts constitutes me constantly binging up internal issues, does it? Don’t look now but your ignorance and disrespect towards me is showing.

“Why not offer some positivity?”
Asking important questions, making constructive comments and offering alternative solutions is being positive.

I get that being a director shouldn’t take over one’s life. However, if someone accepts a position they need to dedicate the time to ensure it’s done properly. If something happens to prevent that then they need to delegate the responsibilities so nothing falls through the cracks. Which brings up another point; how long should a member wait for answers to questions, a day, a week, a month, a year?
Stephen W.

Postby fmcd92 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:41 am

AGM change information – the best details available presently – were sent by email to all DOCC members via the Motodesmo mailing 26 December 2013. If you or anyone else did not receive this please contact our Jennifer to update your coordinates. We are trying to simplify and streamline our information stream, this one should be easy to access and distribute since it plonks into your email inbox. ...hopefully.

Thanks,

Fran
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Stephen W. » Tue Jan 28, 2014 11:09 am

Thank you for posting this Fran. To my knowledge no members attended the January show expecting an AGM. So it would appear that the email newsletter notice worked. However, that information is now a month old and only states the change in date and location with a tentative time.
I was asking if anyone had any meaningful details yet. Specifically, the room, start time and agenda.
Stephen W.

Postby chris fournier » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:37 am

Whiners seldom work and workers seldom whine.

This came up in another club which I belong to and I believe it to be true.

I thank the folks that do the work for this club, don't let the ankle biting critics get you down. They will bite any ankles because that is what they do. You just happen to have ankles and they belong to this club.
chris fournier

Postby fmcd92 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:22 am

Hey Chris, we appreciate the support but I hasten to add all of us on the executive are OK with critical inquiry of most any kind, shows we're still live an' kicking. Your point taken that constructive criticism helps all involved and so we're best served by taking all input for its constructive elements going forward. I think we're trying this more and liking it better.

We are doing an executive meeting this Sunday to thrash out the makings of an AGM agenda so this gets posted soon as we actually have one to offer. As for the AGM meeting room (...sigh) I have asked ad nauseam and still have nothing beyond a promise we will have one from the show organiser. If it all fails we will remove to the closest beer hall and reconvene. Hey, we're results-oriented, not process oriented, right??

All good, thanks all,

Fran
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:17 pm

Hello Chris
After you have made mention of what you perceive as a whine from someone that does not work let me fill you in on what Steve and Linda Warburton have done for this Club.
For many,many years Steve and Linda were very active in Club events.They were the backbone of the Club's display at four Toronto shows each year .They would ,as out of towners,at their own expense, stay in motels in Toronto for the duration of these shows.Would always bring at least two sometimes three bikes,attend the Clubs booth, full time, talking to members and show attendees interested in the Club.Sell Club regalia and always be there for setup and breakdown.They always attended Mosport track days as spectators and for many years attended The Sport Bike Rally promoting the Club and it's activities.They were active participants in the many Club road rides that were organized in Prince Edward County. they also were regular attendees of the Clubs social events such as the numerous Daytona Parties. They were In my opinion, exemplary members of the Club and very active on the executive of the time as well.
Steve as one who has put in his time on the Club executive and worked very hard for the Club has a perfect right to voice his opinion on Club events and the lack of them as well as wonder in public why he has had no reply to his questions directed at the Club executive. As do all members!
We are not saying that the current Executive are not working for the membership. We wonder what plans they have for the future of the Club and it's events. We wonder what backstage manipulation of the executive certain individuals are trying to put in place, how some officers are being placed in secondary positions and what attempts are being made to eliminate officers that do not fit the "Party Line". These are subjects that should be of great concern to all members.
Steve is showing concern for the future of the Club and all it's members by raising these questions. All members have the right to ask questions of the elected executive, as the elected executive have a responsibility to answer those questions in a timely manner ,not ignore the questions.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Postby fmcd92 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:51 pm

Where to start..

Eric phoned me a while back rather excited about the very same allegations about which we spent over an hour discussing their origin and validity. Mostly rumour which is always a problem in any committee run organisation. Secret agendas and intrigue are exciting speculations but since all current DOCC affairs are right up to date, all of our deposits and obligations are and have been met in a timely manner, plans are in place to provide quality track events (4 of these) and we are as an executive united in actively pursuing added and interesting elements to the track events that keep us afloat and keep us united where it counts, since these facts are true and accountable, what actually is the problem?

I think there are issues and always will be when humans are at the controls but since we do admit sometimes to actually being human, we benefit from asking for the full story before we assume things have erupted into dysfunctional chaos. Not that that can't be interesting.

Are we having fun? What else is there to look forward to as participants, as volunteers, as serving executive and as human beings? Fun is up to us and although sometimes there is just too much dam'n hard work to slog through, at the end of the day WE are responsible for keeping fun at top of the list and doing our part to keep things fun.

Your entire executive is doing this as best we can, all of us are busy as hell so yes there are gaps in communication but please do your part to keep the plot moving forward and lift the phone and call us, send personal emails but fer jebus sakes please ease off on the shit-disturbing rumour promulgation and talk to us. We want to keep it fun.

BTW, an AGM agenda will follow our all-executive meeting this Sunday, please stay tuned!

Hey, bad publicity beats no publicity all to hell, thanks!

Best regards,

Fran (for the club executive)
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby ERIC SUMMERS » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:15 pm

Hello Fran,
Thanks for your timely reply. It's good to know from the Presidents mouth (or fingers) that all is well now with the Club. As I hear, you are having a executive meeting on Sunday and hopefully all of the executive will be involved in it, both officers and directors, some fence mending will take place.Some times the Club and membership must sail over rough waters to reach the calm that we all desire.
Just a mention,If you are having a problem getting a commitment from Power Sport regarding a room at the M.M.I.C. show, would it not be better to postpone the A.G.M. until the Spring Show at the International Center ,It's not downtown (no $20.00 parking charges) and Im sure that Peter Deery would be happy to provide space free of charge.
Tnxs. Eric
ERIC SUMMERS

Postby fmcd92 » Fri Jan 31, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks Eric,

I had a similar thought about AGM based on my 12 hours return driving necessary because I do live back in the outback in a manual, wood heat farmhouse but $20 to park is a true party pooper. $20 per head toward the bar tab would have far different morale-boosting effect. Forgot to mention all hands on deck what's willing and able.

I will ask at the Sunday meetin', Reverend. Will keep resulting decision posted.

Thanks,

FM
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Montfort » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:37 pm

Many thanks for the update. Dave
1995 916
2013 1199R
(22)
Montfort

Postby Stephen W. » Sat Feb 01, 2014 7:58 pm

Fran, in the latest issue of the electronic version of Moto Desmo you state; “Media Coordinator and other club roles need talented and enthusiastic volunteers”.
I’m confused; I thought Steve Munro was our Media Coordinator? Please explain, just which Executive and Board positions require filling?
Stephen W.

Postby fmcd92 » Sat Feb 01, 2014 10:30 pm

Media Coordinator, in fact we really need even more strength specifically in finding opportunities in offering value to the new Ducati motorcycles buyers, we are just not reaching or even interesting these people in coming to trackdays and there seems to be absolutely nothing about our club that interests them, either. This is the real cause for concern because as it stands we have no viable future. I really can't give you any other answer because I can't say exactly what or who can define the path to connecting with these present day Ducati buyers. We have spent far too much time and energy constructing detailed scenarios to create excitement but so far the fit to our capacity to do the plan successfully has failed to be right. We learn as we go so thankfully we're busy sketching ways to offer good value and do this ourselves at our events. So, adversity demands we learn to work effectively with what we have and we seem to be getting better at this, I believe. I hope to have more information following Sunday's executive meeting and will get back to you with what can work for us.
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Next

16 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to general interest topics