Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Wall of Fame #815 Grand Bend

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Wall of Fame #815 Grand Bend

Postby farmboyrr » Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:44 pm

I'm an old member from the 80's that played with the DOCC in Grattan and was looking through the photos in the Wall of Fall section and found something that cought my attention.

Under the heading "Grand Bend" I saw a couple of photos of a red Ducati #815 in front of the Kawasaki canopy. The bike has a Performance Machine rear wheel and a Marvic on the front. I was wondering who the current owner/rider is of this machine? Just curious.

I'm the Original Owner/Builder of that bike. It started it's life as a 1981 500 Pantah. 33 years as a race bike - Illinois, Texas, East Coast, and now Canada. It's great to see the old girl is still alive and kicking.

If you're interested in some of her history get in touch.
farmboyrr

Re: Wall of Fame #815 Grand Bend

Postby Mike Heggarty » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Damn, this feels good.
The website is more vibrant. It has colours. I can read the text... Thanks Paul for setting me up with a password so I can finally log in and respond !

Hi farmboyrr - The bike is presently in good hands & I am the proud owner. I purchased it from a gentleman in Virginia 2-3 yrs ago. The bike seems to have been well known left & right coast/Texas to Illinois. It's still active & will be raced at the VRRA ( CDN version of AHRMA ) event July 19 -21 weekend @ Grand Bend Motoplex this summer - not far from Port Huron Michigan...If your still nearby would love to discuss it over a pint.
If not email me some contact info and I'll be in touch. The bike definitely has a story to tell & I would love to hear more of it's past.
Cheers
Mike Heggarty
Team Tenacious
Mike Heggarty

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics