Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

[BLOG] Super Show Pics - And Not Just Ducatis!

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

[BLOG] Super Show Pics - And Not Just Ducatis!

Postby Paul Barlow » Sun Feb 01, 2015 1:12 pm

This is a blog post. To read the original post, please

SUPER SHOW PICS - AND NOT JUST DUCATIS!
Well the first show of the season has come and gone. Didn’t get to go myself as I ended up taking care of a sick wife but hopefully the brownie points will put me in good stead down the road. Did read on ‘other’ forums that the deals on gear were not quite as good this year but such opinions always depend on what particular deal you were looking for. At least for the DOCC the reports are that it was a success with an amazing amount of interest shown in the club. Seems there was lots of talk about road rides and such so hopefully enough people are motivated to get the club growing in that directions after many years of quiet.

Extra thanks have to go out to Robb LeFave and Dave Gooch for stepping into the breach when work commitments prevented our regular show coordinator Darren Webber from doing his normal juggling act. If you ever have the chance, slap these two on the back. The amount of work they do behind the scenes goes above and beyond. When you consider that Dave dragged 3 bikes all the way from Sarnia and had a crappy 5 hour drive home he gets the gold star. Robb is not far behind with 3 bikes all the way from Woodstock. We need to track down that rare bird the ‘Toronto Duck’ for next year!

FOR ALL OF YOU THAT DID PROVIDE BIKES THIS YEAR MANY MANY THANKS. WITHOUT YOU WE WOULD NOT HAVE A STAND.
Thanks to Jerry Nagy we have a few photos of the bikes on the stand. Seems Dave Gooch’s 900ss was a magnet for drawing people into the booth. This year’s bikes certainly showed a good cross section of the interests of the members that make up this club. While the club’s name may say Ducati what we really are just a group of people who love bikes regardless of where they originate or what niche they are for. I suspect for most of us that fact that they originate from Italy comes second.

Paul Barlow ( DOCC # 11)

[nggallery id=15]
Paul
DOCC#11
DOCC Web And Regalia Coordinator
Paul Barlow
Site Admin

Re: [BLOG] SUPER SHOW PICS - AND NOT JUST DUCATIS!

Postby The Goochman » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:54 pm

Paul,

Thanks for posting!

Note, the first time I saw the post, there was a nice shot of the front end of the SS. When I came back and on subsequent checks it is no longer visible. I don't think I did anything wrong!

BTW was that just a crop of one of the other photos? I was actually thinking about getting of copy of the photo for my personal gallery.

Thanks

Dave G
PS There is no "e" in Gooch's
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby gdesmo » Sun Feb 01, 2015 5:25 pm

Thx Paul, sorry the quality of images are not perfect. Was my first day with a Nikon, have shot with Canon up until now. The display was great and had a good diverse selection, got a good chance to talk to Dave and see a few of the Gang.
gdesmo

Postby Paul Barlow » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Dave, I think you caught the post as I was just putting it up. Decided that the picture on the forum was just to big so removed it as you are correct it was just a crop from one of the photos on the actual blog post.

Jerry, perfect or not we really appreciate the pictures.

Paul
Paul
DOCC#11
DOCC Web And Regalia Coordinator
Paul Barlow
Site Admin

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics