Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

M900 fuel injectors

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

M900 fuel injectors

Postby Stephen Day » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:06 pm

Does anyone have experience with having Ducati fuel injectors removed and professionally cleaned? My 2000 M900 has one injector that is clogged to the point it would be replaced by the Ducati shop at the cost of $500 for the injector!! That's steep. I can get the bike back and deal with it myself. I think the bike has been wet , as in Katrina or in a under water situation. Then it sat for a while. Then I got it!
Frequent fuel filter changes and fuel system cleaning is obviously necessary and was / will continue to be done. But, I think the problem may return beyond this situation and am trying to explore my options.
Any information would be appreciated.
Stephen Day

Postby john h » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:36 pm

I've never had one apart, but I've been told they come apart easily. All you have to do is remove a snap ring to disassemble it. If you want to give it a try, then fly at it, you're not going to break it any worse. Pop it apart, soak it in carb cleaner if you're patient, or hose it off with lots of brake kleen and compressed air if you're not, re assemble it and throw it back in. If it works, great, you've saved enough for some fancy CRG levers and an open clutch cover. If not, it's a learning experience and you'll be buying a new one.
john h

injectors

Postby Sailor » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:46 pm

Stephen, John is right give it a go you'll be no worse off than you are right now. You could try and take it to a local diesel repair shop, they have been dealing with fuel injectors for years and now that they are moving in the direction of electronic injection (away from mechanical) they might be able to fix you up and test it for a fraction of the cost.
If you find me on the side of the road, pick me up and put me back on my bike.
02 998S Bayliss (Stolen)
03 Valkyrie
07 1098
10 Streetfighter S
Sailor

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech