Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Importing a motorcycle from the U.S. into Canada

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Importing a motorcycle from the U.S. into Canada

Postby Steve302 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:13 pm

Does anyone have any experience or insight regarding the new regulations implemented by the U.S Border Patrol requiring that an ITN (Internal Transaction Number) must be obtained through the AES (Automated Export System).
My understanding is that to file with the AES you must be an American Citizen residing the U.S. and that without the ITN you can not remove any 'Self Propelled' vehicle from the U.S.
Does anyone know of an end-run around the new regulations? Interested in any and all help or information.

Thanks,
Steve
Steve302

Re: Importing a motorcycle from the U.S. into Canada

Postby Ric » Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:24 am

This link isn't exactly current,but it has links and related info that will help.
I'll meet ya in the bar.
Ric Waterloo #944
Ric

Postby Johnnycool » Wed Mar 04, 2015 11:13 pm

Maybe I can help, I am a US citizen living in Ontario. Have you already titled the bike? I have brought a bike from Europe, through Canada and made it into the US. And I brought two bikes from the U.S. with me to here. But I am not titling them here. So two possibilities. I could bring it across the border or I could title it as my bike and you buy it from me (on paper) anyway, I'm willing to help
1959 Ducati Elite 200
1985 Ducati MHR 900
1986 Ducati F1 750
1988 Ducati Paso 750
1996 Ducati 900SS SP
2002 Ducati MH900e
2006 Ducati PS1000LE
2007 Ducati ST3S
2008 Ducati S4RS
Johnnycool

Postby Mini » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:35 pm

I assume after this length of time that you already have your answer, but for anyone else that is interested. I sent my email to the border crossing and in their reply they said I needed to include an ITN (Internal Transaction Number) obtained through the AES (Automated Export System) to export the vehicle from the US. I received an ITN for my 900SS earlier this year from a US Customs Brokers for a fee of $140 USD. It wasn't hard to do, I just gave them a call and they attached the documents that I needed to fill out to an email, which I filled out returned to them the same way. They asked for copies of the bill of sale and both sides of the ownership, which they send with their paperwork to the border crossing of my choice to obtain the ITN and then sent me a form 7525-V (SHIPPER'S EXPORT DECLARATION) that includes your ITN. You need to take a copy of the form 7525-V with you to the border. Of course all of the paperwork is supposed to be submitted 72 hours prior to you arriving at the border crossing with the vehicle.

The broker I used was:
Near North Customs Brokers US
400 Essjay Rd., Suite 200
Williamsville, NY 14221
Phone: (716) 204-4020
Fax: (716) 204-5551

The person I dealt with was awesome! Very helpful and easy to deal with.
Mini

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics