Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

DOCC Does VRRA MOSPORT 2015

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

DOCC Does VRRA MOSPORT 2015

Postby fmcd92 » Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Our club has had a pretty close relationship of common interest with the VRRA from the very early days of track events, a good number of our own membership raced the vintage events each season. Lately, classic and vintage race meetings have enjoyed significant and steady growth and support, particularly their Mosport/CTMP round in August each year.

Classic and vintage has all but disappeared from our own track events for a variety of reasons so why not focus and maybe even encourage our membership to work towards a DOCC presence at the 2015 round including the 3-hour endurance race? It does seem fairly clear to me that the appropriate place to ride slow bikes fast is among the various VRRA classes by historic period with relatively equal machinery all round.

So who's in?

F McDermott
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Re: DOCC Does VRRA MOSPORT 2015

Postby ducati588 » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:20 pm

I have been thinking about it.......

Last year there were a couple 851's, and two or three 900SS'. In the past they have had 750SS and a Darmah in the race.

Franco... a 3 hour endurance race plus the practice will eat a set of tires. Unless you are running an old set of K591's or Pirelli Phantom's?
Rob Marshall - '95 Ducati 900SS
- '85 Cagiva 650 Allazurra
ducati588

Postby Chris LaPrade » Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:26 pm

I have been thinking for the last couple years about getting a bike & joining the VRRA at there events, and the endurance has always been on the bucket list. Awesome events, and awesome racing. Sounds like fun to me.
Never lost, just out riding...
Chris
Chris LaPrade

Postby paul w » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:25 pm

I will have another classic era bike this year and we are making sure it is P3 light legal so that could just happen. Also anyone with an older bike may want to give the CVMG days at TMP a go, I really enjoy them. Very low key and some neat old stuff comes out. I think there were 5 Ducatis there in the fall. They always welcome special interest groups to make the day more interesting and it would be nice to have a little display of Ducati classics in the pit.
paul w

Postby Chris LaPrade » Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:19 pm

Paul. W what dates do the CVMG run? , and what types of OLD!! bikes are considered old bikes that are acceptable to bring out?
Never lost, just out riding...
Chris
Chris LaPrade

Postby paul w » Sun Nov 23, 2014 5:52 pm

They prefer bikes eligible for VRRA, so 1989, but will fill the day with lost era type bikes. The day is broke into slow, medium, fast new (1978 or newer) and fast old. Corner passing only in the two fast groups. They do one Sat in the spring and one in Sept. Good price and very low key. As soon as the details are out I will share them with the club.
paul w

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics