Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Is BelRay Moto Chill safe for Track Days?

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Is BelRay Moto Chill safe for Track Days?

Postby Nate » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am

Hi All

I am about to start the winterizing process for my track bike and I am wondering wether Moto Chill from Bel Ray is okay to use for DOCC track events. My local shop sold it to me saying I won't have flush the coolant this fall and in the spring because it's 'race spec'.
If it's not allowed I won't even bother using it this winter and get my $ back.

Any info would be appreciated.
Nate

Re: Is BelRay Moto Chill safe for Track Days?

Postby huit » Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:19 pm

Nate, I tried to see what I could find out on line, I would have to say no as it still has glycol, saying that I would still put something like that in the bike for the winter as it helps keep corrosion down.
Paul
huit

Re: Is BelRay Moto Chill safe for Track Days?

Postby old red dog » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:05 pm

Thanks for Paul's post ! Please protect your engine with any good anti-freeze over the winter. A simple drain is not going to work because of residuals left in nooks like the water jackets in the cylinders ,etc. Note that an anti-freeze premix seems more expensive but the manufacturer uses distilled water ! In the spring , any shop knows the fact that we are dealing with a few litres of fluid , it is easy to deal with compared to your car. But the system needs to be filled/drained and heat cycled more than once ! So back to the basics of what the dealer is trying to sell you ; If you don't want to touch it , maybe your girl friend will because she loves you , If she dips a finger and it is slippery it fails ! If you collect the "storage" glycol and recycle a few liters , then use the good old garden hose to fill , run , drain a couple of times . Not a big problem . You can do it !
old red dog

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics