Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

2017 Helmet Requirements

Post articles of general interest to docc members.
8 posts • Page 1 of 1

2017 Helmet Requirements

Postby The Goochman » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:42 am

Since the Toronto bike show is the best place to get a good (cheap) track helmet, I would like to know what standards are going to be accepted at this year's rallies in time to search out a new one if it is required.

My current track helmet is a Snell 2010 and is more than 5 years old, but most of the time it lives in a helmet bag in the garage because it is not my primary helmet so the age is not really an issue. I wear a Shoei Neo-Tech modular on the street, but it is not acceptable as a track helmet.

Thanks

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Re: 2017 Helmet Requirements

Postby robb916998 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:24 pm

Dave , try bluestreack racing !
You can't find better prices any wher !!

If yours is out of date .
hi
robb916998

Postby The Goochman » Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:07 pm

Hi Robb,

Thanks for the suggestion to try Blue Streak.

The problem that I have is determining if my helmet IS out of date. I would rather spend the money on a new street helmet than a new track helmet if I can get another year out of the current one.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby old red dog » Thu Dec 22, 2016 10:19 pm

Dave , hi Is the garage heated ? Mouse traps located ? It's your head . Rob has an alternative that you may consider . Merry Christmas to you buggers !!
old red dog

Postby The Goochman » Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Gerry,

No, the garage is not heated, and yes, the mice get fed by the local pest control guy on a regular basis so they have no need to lunch on helmets or motorcycle wiring harnesses.

Yes, it is my head and I have no issues with wearing this helmet again this year, if I did, I would not have asked the question in the first place.

All I am trying to find out is if the club is going to require the presentation of a new helmet when I show up at the track. If they are, then I will replace my perfectly good (to me at least) helmet while I can get a good deal. If not, I will wear it again for one more year.

I am just a little surprised that an official answer has not been presented. Either there is a policy, or there isn't. I am not worried either way, I am just trying to ensure that I don't get caught short in May.

Thanks

A belated Merry Christmas to you and yours and a Happy New Year to all!

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby Rob374 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:10 pm

Hi Exec
I just checked the event registration link and the equipment says SNELL2010 are still OK. Is this accurate. I like Dave can get something at the show if I know. Buying online while convenient is a true crap shoot when fitting a helmet.
Thanks
Rob
Rob374

Postby fmcd92 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:01 pm

7 years from build date.
We do classic/vintage/2v Ducati
KTM

The Motofarm
fmcd92

Postby Rob374 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:44 pm

Fran
When does this go into effect. I believe at the AGM it was stated that helmets would change to the new SNELL 2015 in 2018 as the rules for tech posted on the Website do not mention the 7 year rule. I wait to see the Minutes as this was talked about. In fact no one at the meeting other than exec members were even aware there was such a rule 7 years from date of manufacture.

Since there is only the Website for this information I took this to be fact.

I took a screenshot today in fact of the Gear Requirements on the website.

Thanks

Rob
Rob374

8 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to general interest topics