Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Greenframe colour

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Greenframe colour

Postby Vespa » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:38 am

Vespa

Postby DesmoDog » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:43 pm

I'm going down that same road myself right now, except for the greenframe thing.

I don't know if you've seen this yet but there might be some ideas here:

http://www.teamyikes.com/Ducati160home.html

And since you asked for pics...

Here's an idea of what mine's going to look like, except I found a valanced rear fender that I'm going with instead of this one:

Here it is with the "new" rear fender and round tail light:

After the painting began - fake toolboxes are in place;

Front end is coming together:

I got a wild hair and modified a cheap bike pump to work on this;

And just for good measure, what I started with:

For wheels... you probably don't want to go larger than 17" if you want to use a rear fender. For hubs... I went with a stock hubs to save money since I'll likely rarely ride it anyway. If you want to be "tricker" you can go with the front hub from a CB350. 2LS and the same size as a 250 Ducati. OR... what I'll likely do on my 250 is modify the Honda brake plate to fit the Ducati hub so I get the better looking Ducati hub with the 2LS brake plate.

More pics available but I don't want to bring the dial up users to a grinding halt here. The first link is my site, you can find the info there.

To answer some of your other questions - headlight came from Cosmopolitan motors, it's an NOS part. Headlight rim off eBay. Rims from Cosmo too, 17" WM2 NOS parts off a Benelli i think? Spoke holes in front rim needed to be tweaked - stock hub is too large. 25o hub is way too large. Seat is a modified stock pan that I'll reupholster in a more classic "cafe" shape. Tank is from a Ducati TS, but Cosmo has some Benelli tanks that'd work well.

Front forks... I wouldn't bother changing them. You could go with stock 250 stuff but it takes some mods to work on the 160 frame. I'm sure I've forgotten some sutff but there ya go, that should keep you busy for a little while anyway.
DesmoDog

Postby Vespa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 5:29 pm

Hey thanks. Very much appreciated. Lots to digest here. Looks like you're going to have a real nice little machine when it's all done. What are you doing with/to the motor?

cam
Vespa

Postby John » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:07 pm

John

Postby DesmoDog » Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:16 pm

DesmoDog

Postby Vespa » Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:15 pm

Vespa

6 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech