Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

77 900SS Looks Like Scam

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

77 900SS Looks Like Scam

Postby Dave Hardaker » Fri Mar 14, 2008 4:52 pm

An ad was put in several local papers by a Judy Mayo advertising a 77 900 SS in good shape for $4500.00 which I responded to thinking it would be a beater. The Quebec phone number was a business that did not return my calls the email was answered and pictures of a stunning 900SS were sent to me from this person who claims to be in Big Sky Montana. I said I would buy the bike and within minutes I had the payment terms sent to me. Cash to be transferred to an individual at a personal address representing themselves to be Yahoo Finance. Only problem they do not seem to exist in the Yahoo Business Groups that I could find and claimed that I could not communicate with them. I offered to come to Montana cash in hand in 2 days and Judy Mayos declined saying the money transfer was the only way she would do business. She refused to talk to me on the phone, only by email. Long winded story but I would proceed with caution if thinking about this purchase.
Dave Hardaker

Postby The Goochman » Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:32 pm

This is a well known scam. Sorry about that.
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech