Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Thanks to the DOCC club

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Thanks to the DOCC club

Postby captainkcorb » Fri Dec 19, 2008 3:08 pm

I've been embarking on my rebuild of a '70 450 and was stymied for quite a while trying to get the flywheel off. Not willing to use a maximum of brute force and ignorance I'd posted for anyone with a puller. A 55mm was offered quickly but didn't fit the widecase engine.

I'd like to express my thanks to Chris Collins of Windsor who trusted me enough to send the correct puller via post. In a shocking display of Canada Post efficiency it was mailed one day, received the next, remailed that day and received back in Windsor the next day. Unbelievable. And it took longer to unwrap the puller than it did to pop the flywheel off. I guess I'd been a little light on the brute force earlier.

Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. If there are any resources (sites, pdfs, etc.) out there I can tap on the reassembly of the motor I'd like to know and hopefully will be able to keep my questions to the club to a minimum.

Thanks again Chris,

Brock
Carpe Cerevisi
captainkcorb

Re: Thanks to the DOCC club

Postby Chris Collins » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:33 am

Brock, it was just fortunate that I saw your request for the puller on the CVMG site. Worked out well for both of us ; I used the puller a couple of days later on my own 450 and it was a bit more difficult than yours - so we got some use out of a tool that gathers dust on a shelf most years. Glad to help :wink:

As for reassembly references, just follow the factory shop manual and try to 'read between the lines'. If stuck I usually question our illustrious Prez, Rocket Rick Covello. Good luck :!:
Cheers,
Chris (& Sandie) Collins
DOCC #995

'07 GT1000
'75 860 GT
'73 450 Jupiter
Chris Collins

Re: Thanks to the DOCC club

Postby Rocket Rick » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:59 pm

Brock, ask as many questions as you want. That's what the forum is here for.
Bike borrower extraordinaire!
Rocket Rick

3 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech