Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

250 GT or Mach 1?????

The docc defines "vintage" as all Ducatis' up to and including all models of the 750 F1.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

250 GT or Mach 1?????

Postby Carlo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 5:39 pm

I have recently picked up a 250 Ducati. It has the Mach 1 side covers, clip-ons, tank and round light similar to the Mach 1. It has a seat similar to the Diana. The motor was replaced some time ago with a 350 Sebring motor. It has the original dellorto ss1-29 carb. The first numbers in the vin no are DM250GT91487.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can take some pictures and send them if it helps.

carlo.dinardo@sympatico.ca
Carlo

Postby #99 » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:21 pm

Hi Carlo,

If the seller told you he swapped the engine you can disregard this post but one thing you may not be aware of (and members can correct me if I am wrong) is that the narrowcase 350's did not actually have '350' in the vin no. My 1966 Sebring 'squarestyle' 350 has a vin no. DM250GTLGM19850M, so your bike may actually be an earlier 'series 1' version of the Sebring. If so, the SS carb isn't stock but likely preferable to the original carb.

I would be interested in seeing a pic or even see the bike in person as I live on west Hamilton mountain. You can see my project 350 here.

http://members.porchlight.ca/acey/single.htm

You can see I have jettisoned the original tank, sidecovers, seat, fenders and other squarestyle stuff.

Dave

Postby Carlo » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:07 pm

Dave,

Send me your e-mail adress and I will send some pictures of the bike.

ps The motor was replaced some time ago.

Carlo
Carlo

Postby Stephen W. » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:09 pm

Hi Carlo,
Just so you know (and anyone else who didn't know before) for future reference, if you look at the bottom of each post you'll see several buttons.
"Profile" is all the info you filled in when you registered for this forum
"PM" is for sending a Private Message via the forum's software.
"Email" is just that. Click on it and it'll pop up a blank email with the person's address already in the "to" field.
You can also add your Instant Messenger link etc. etc. just by filling in those details in your personal profile.
the Dreamer (a.k.a. Dreamin' Stephen)
Living life on the edge. Less crowded, better view.
2013 MV Agusta 675 F3, 1998 900 SS FE (bi posto)
Stephen W.

Postby Rocket Rick » Wed Oct 12, 2005 11:47 am

Hi Carlo & Dave,
The special I've been building for the last several decades has a narrow case frame stamped DM350.
Carlo, it's likely your bike started out as 2 bikes. It sounds like the frame is Mach I or Mark III if all the stuff you mention are Ducati parts. We need more details to figure out what's what, though. For example, the Mach I/ MK III tank has clearance for the carb. The seat was similar shape, but bigger on the GT. The Mach I seats were bump-stop style. Headlight dia. 5" or 6". Round or rectangular tailight. It goes on & on . Give Henry Hogben a call, and he can tell you what you've got as regards to the frame.
Cheers, Rick
Bike borrower extraordinaire!
Rocket Rick

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to vintage ducati tech