Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

A good mechanic in the Mississauga/Oakvile/Burlington area??

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
17 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

A good mechanic in the Mississauga/Oakvile/Burlington area??

Postby Norton » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:46 pm

Norton

Postby Ric » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:48 pm

It's out of warranty,so take it to Tim. It's a bit of a trip for you to Waterloo,but the dealers will cost a lot more.
I'll meet ya in the bar.
Ric Waterloo #944
Ric

Re: A good mechanic in the Mississauga/Oakvile/Burlington area??

Postby Krash » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:58 pm

UPDATE:

I went to EuroClassic because of the posts here were good. My experience on the other hand with EuroClassic has not been so rosy. Save yourself the profanity. From my point there is no just cause to use profanity when addressing a customer, it is unprofessional.

Euroclassic’s shop rate might be cheaper but time is what determines the end price. The amount of time needed and what HAS to be repaired can be very subjective. I would stick with an Authorized Ducati Repair facility even if it is farther.

I am speaking from my own experiences and would not refer anyone to EuroClassic.

Good luck!!!!

Cheers,
00' 996
DOCC #14
Krash

Postby chris fournier » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:27 am

As someone in the motorcycle business in the same town as Tim at Euro Classics AND as a Ducati rider I have to say that I would recommend Tim to anyone looking to have work done on a Ducati. I can't speak for other folks dealings with Tim (except for all of the other people who have relayed a very positive account of their dealings with Tim) but I personally believe that he is very ethical in his business dealings and is always looking to get his customers the best value for the work required.
chris fournier

Postby Krash » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:54 pm

Sorry to you that endorse EuroClassics but I have facts to prove otherwise.

Tim at EuroClassics was very persistent and adamant that I had a part way out of spec and it was dangerous to ride the bike without replacing it.

I took the bike to Inglis Cycle in London and had them check the part and they reported as I good condition, normal, and safe to use.

So if EuroClassics is a good shop why then would they claim a part is unsafe when it is in fact safe?

This is all fact and it is has been documented. I would not be posting this unless I had the evidence to backup my claims.

Maybe I am the exception to the norm, I don't know. I'm sure no one else would like to join me in being the exception to the norm and buy parts they don't need.

So be advised and beware when dealing with EuroClassics, my advise don't take a chance.

Cheers,
00' 996
DOCC #14
Krash

Postby chris fournier » Thu Jul 30, 2009 9:07 pm

Krash,

Your post (perhaps misread by myself) reads as though you have he facts unlike everyone else. You certainly do have some facts, much like everyone else. I'm interested to know exactly what the part and tolerances were that you've alluded to.

It won't be news to anyone that not every interaction with a business or person is to our satisfaction every time. My previous post was made to point out that my personal and anecdotal experience has been that EuroClassics is a fine European motorcycle shop.

It goes without saying that we will likely not bump into each other at a Ducati service counter anytime soon. Nonetheless I would like to hear more about the contentious part that you've referred to.

Chris
chris fournier

Postby Krash » Fri Jul 31, 2009 5:42 am

Sorry I did not mean to sound like I was directing my comments at the posters on the forum. I was simply trying to make sure that anyone who reads this forum is fully informed/aware.

To answer your question, the part was a front axle. Simply EuroClassic (Tim) said the front axle was “oval/pinched” (not round) and it was unsafe to ride. That is simply not the case; otherwise another shop would have come to the same conclusion. In this case it was pretty cut and dry, the axle was not out of spec.

I used the term "facts" so that people will know that I am not making wild unsupported claims. Not that I am the only one with the correct information and everyone else is wrong. I agree with the point about good and bad dealings. This I think however goes beyond just simply bad dealings.

Anyway, I have posted the information and now people can make an informed choice whether to use EuroClassic or not.

Cheers,
00' 996
DOCC #14
Krash

Postby Krash » Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:28 pm

Update:

>Further to our acknowledgment letter of October 14, 2009, we attempted to contact EuroClassic >Motorcycle several times regarding your complaint and the company has not responded. Please note >that due to their failure to respond to our Ministry, which we informed them, the company’s name
>(EuroClassic Motorcycle) will now appear (after 6 p.m. today) on our Consumer Beware List, which
>can be viewed at: http://www.consumerbeware.mgs.gov.on.ca ... do?lang=en>
>Jacqueline Meyer
>Consumer Services Officer
>Consumer Services Bureau
>Consumer Protection Branch
>Ministry of Consumer Services
>5775 Yonge Street, Suite 1500
>Toronto, Ontario M7A 2E5
00' 996
DOCC #14
Krash

Re: A good mechanic in the Mississauga/Oakvile/Burlington ar

Postby Tornanti » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:36 pm

I've had very good experience with the people at Peninsula Ducati, in Oakville. Would reccomend them to a friend.
Tornanti

Postby deckard » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:18 pm

Anyone here with a current experience and recommendation for Ducati Service?
Dealership or Independent?

thanks in advance
deckard

Postby 4theloveofducati » Wed Jun 16, 2010 8:01 pm

4theloveofducati

Postby deckard » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:35 am

burlington but willing to travel
deckard

Postby johnpttrsn » Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:33 am

Well, This is really helpful for me. I was looking for the weir auto mechanic tips and I got the required knowledge here. Thanks for this amazing share.

=============
johnpttrsn

Postby Fiver » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:12 pm

I've had quality service and good advice from Craig at Peninsula Imports in Oakville, Bronte and 403.
Fiver

Postby Montfort » Sat Jun 06, 2015 8:35 am

I have purchased three new Ducati's from Tony Foderaro at Peninsula Import since 2008 and found him great to do business with. These machines were carefully and thoroughly prepared by Craig. Dave
1995 916
2013 1199R
(22)
Montfort

Next

17 posts • Page 1 of 21, 2

Return to modern ducati tech