Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Sprocket replacement of 748

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Sprocket replacement of 748

Postby bkoenig » Sat May 30, 2009 4:38 pm

Hi im in need of a chain and sprockets both back and front.

zdeno is recomending a 14t front and a 38 t rear...

They are saying i need a sprocket carrier, which rins 120$ Im wondering if i even need to replace the current or am i fine leaving the stock one on, and is there a stock one?

I am wondering if this is what i want, i believe this is the stock setting, i was thinking i may want some more bottom end... any thoughts? Also they are saying the sprockets of differing sizes other then stock are backordered for a month, anyone know of any options/prefered brands?

I have been quoted 390$ cdn in parts is this reasonable?
bkoenig

Re: Sprocket replacement of 748

Postby Chris » Sat May 30, 2009 9:10 pm

My first recommendation is to get out of Zdeno! Your bike has not done anything to you to cause you to take it there.

The sprocket carrier they are talking about is a quick-change system. Unless you are racing at several different tracks, then you probably don't need this. Your stock setup is fine.

If you want more 'bottom end' (at the expense of top end), you can increase the rear to 39 or 40 teeth. A stock replacement rear sprocket should be available.

If you are looking for a replacement sprocket for a 1979CB400T, then Zdeno is the place. For anything else, try either Rev cycles or Inglis. Or anywhere else!
Chris

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech