Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Streetfighter?

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Streetfighter?

Postby planethopper » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:24 pm

I
Last edited by planethopper on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:21 am, edited 2 times in total.
planethopper

Re: Has enyone else had problems with thier Streetfighter?

Postby Chris Collins » Wed Aug 12, 2009 3:37 am

You must be the only person to have taken possession of a Streetfighter. Any luck on a fix ?
Cheers,
Chris (& Sandie) Collins
DOCC #995

'07 GT1000
'75 860 GT
'73 450 Jupiter
Chris Collins

Postby planethopper » Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:57 pm

I think you might be right. It took me two weeks just to get insurance because the insurance companies didn't have the streetfighter in their systems, I had to get insurance on an 1100 monster with a value of $25000 as a temporary policy on it untill they could figure it out. The problem was a recall part that they don't fix until the bike breaks down, which I think is totally retarded. It was a small clamp on the gas line inside the tank, it comes off and the gas just gets circulated inside the tank.
planethopper

Postby Chris Collins » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:18 am

I was just being a little bit cynical by saying that no one else had taken delivery, I'm sure a few must have been sold by now. But yours is the only one that's given any trouble apparently - the other Streetfighter owners are out riding theirs, and much too busy to reply to your posting :wink:

The GT1000 had the same problem with the early builds, and I actually received a recall notice for mine, but I was never told to come into the dealer for an inspection and/or replacement of parts. They said that they would notify me if they received a recall parts kit for my bike, but I never heard anything further about it :?

Same situation as yours, I believe : if it doesn't break down, then it doesn't need the recall warranty repair. Poor way to handle recalls, I agree, but it helps keep Ducati North America's warranty repair costs lower - and in this economy, who can blame them :|

Anyway, you've got the bike fixed now ; get out there and enjoy it :mrgreen:
Cheers,
Chris (& Sandie) Collins
DOCC #995

'07 GT1000
'75 860 GT
'73 450 Jupiter
Chris Collins

4 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech