Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

907ie wants to be put back on the road

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
9 posts • Page 1 of 1

907ie wants to be put back on the road

Postby handbasket » Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:32 pm

Last summer I aquired a 907 Paso with the webber fuel injection. It has been sitting for a long time and I did not get the fairing with it. The plan is to give it a going over so that it will be dependable and safe. Is there some general tips before I try to start it?

Rich
Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

Re: 907ie wants to be put back on the road

Postby handbasket » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:07 pm

Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

Postby robb916998 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm

was it running when it was parked or dose it runn??
I think i would first start with all the basics ,all fluids change ,belts for shur get new ones.if you don"t no how get the shims checked .
any thing in the tank get it out,pull the plugs and see buy the color what it was burning like,change plugs,test wires for resistance.
before start up ,crank engine with the spark plug lead off or kill switch engaged to try n build as much oil pressure as posibull.fresh gas and a really good battery .fire it up and see what you got .
Good luck ,let us know how it went
hi
robb916998

Postby handbasket » Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:30 pm

Thanks!

It's hasn't ran in years. Someone layed it over and the insurance company sold it to the wrecker I bought it from. It was stored in-doors, but nothing was touched. The inside of the fuel tank looks oxidized so I will rinse it with gas/oil mix, then make sure the pump works.

So, there are timing belts in there somewhere?
Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

Postby robb916998 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 10:29 pm

there are a lot of different ways to get oxidization out of a tank but ya try gas and oil ,maybe something to knock stuff off in there as well ,like a had full of cheep hex nuts.and slosh it around as much as you can.
Diesel fuel is good at penetrating crap as well,also oil based .
Belts ,yep thay are in there.I'm not up to speed with the lay out of frame around motor but with some thought and care full moving of covers and electrical s,thay will appear.If it has sat for a while you may be looking really
close at the idler's pulley's or bearings ,any sounds of roughness or feeling like it is not smoooth is bad!
And beware the adjuster pulley may not want to give up its hold on the stud!
Wish i was there to help!!
What color is or was the body work or can you tell
hi
robb916998

Postby The Goochman » Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:46 am

The timing belts are in the same place that they always are on the belt motors. I wasn't sure if your comment about the timing belts related to inexperience with the Ducati motor or a political comment on the amount of plastic and crap that needs to be removed in order to find the darn things.

Either way, I would recommend that you change them very early on in the rehabilitation. The idler and tensioner bearings should be available for a bearing supply house. They do not have to come from Ducati. You will need to get the bearing numbers off of them before trying to replace them. Don't do anything irreversible until you have replacement parts in hand.

I wrote an article on tensioner bearing removal and replacement for MotoDesmo years ago. PM me with your e-mail address and I will send you a copy.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby handbasket » Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:57 am

:oops:
It appears the fuel pump is missing...and so is the air box. I have 2 pod filters and 2 injector/throttle bodies and one regulator with 2 cut off hoses, where....I assume the pump should be.

Also, forgot to mention this is a mod bike. I believe it was a sleeper, as it had 750 paso paint job. So if the factory pump was in the tank and matches up with a stock Ford Mustang, my case is different. My tank only has a single spigget petcock with strainer. I think the extra room where the airbox used to be will be the pump and filter will mount.
Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

Postby handbasket » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:53 am

:D
Ducati fuel pump specification: flow rate 120 litres/hr (32 gal/hr.) Outlet pressure is regulated to 3 bar (44 psi.)
Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

Postby handbasket » Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:35 am

Running well! Found a remote mount fuel pump. Beat the tank from the inside with some nuts to knock the big loose pieces. Then used electrolysis to clean it. New white skin on the old Corbin seat, too.
Attachments
90 duc 907ie.jpg
(89.38 KiB) Downloaded 264 times
Prince George BC
907ie
handbasket

9 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech