Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Nemesis ECU

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Nemesis ECU

Postby JRUDY » Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:41 pm

Anyone out there have any experience with the Nemesis ECU using autotune on a DS1000.Talking to a dealer in the states,but hoping to find one in Canada.

Jim Rudy
JRUDY

Re: Nemesis ECU

Postby Dyno-Sore » Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:36 am

No first hand experience Jim, Several high volume dealers in the states talked about issues if/when wet though.........seems to be a fight between them and Microtech over software issues too........(I believe microtech wrote/owns the software??) short story is microtech is the new way to go.........Mark Sutton at Ducshop in Atlanta is a distributor tuner. I ordered one for my 1098r yestrday.

You can do a search on Ducati spot and Ducati superbikes .com lots to read there on the matter....

Ducshop has a forum member price listed on Ducati-superbike of 8-900 with a map developed by Mark to get you in the ballpark.

Tell him Dyno-sore sent yu!
Dyno-Sore

Postby JRUDY » Thu Jul 15, 2010 11:23 am

Thanks for the reply Dyno-sore.Ordered the Nemesis ecu from Desmoworks;they had to get the autotune gear out of the U.K..Its all currently passing through Canadian customs.Should have it this week.Didn't know Ducshop carried this stuff;not on their website.Dealt with them before...great guys to deal with.Desmoworks has been pretty good too.$2000.00 for whole setup.Should be worth it to bring the bike to life with all the mods I've done.

Thanks again Jim
JRUDY

Postby Dyno-Sore » Sat Jul 24, 2010 10:10 am

I just installed the Microtech, will ride Monday to try it out..........2000 :shock: Yikes The microtech without the auto tune gear is 900.............ecu works on ALL modern ducatis just load appropriate base info from the disc..... Let me know how the nemesis works out?
Dyno-Sore

Postby JRUDY » Sun Jul 25, 2010 4:56 pm

Hi Dyno-sore,

Installed the Nemesis last Thurs.Loaded a map from a SS1000 race bike.Runs really strong.Haven't run the autotune sotware yet.Lost my tach,so I emailed Competition systems in U.K.Apparently my Nemsis unit is right for the bike,but it has Superbike firmware loaded into it.So why does it run so good?Sorting that out now.
Paid the money for the autotune gear because I can tune on the road as long as you hold the rpm in each cell for the min.hold time.Don't have a dyno in my shop.
Run Electromotive injection with a full custom setup on my truck,and it takes a long time to tune without a dyno.You tune as you drive.Satisfying but very time intensive.Thought I'd give Competition Systems a try on the bike,as my next car project might use their stuff.
Hope to have the bike sorted this week.NCR cams due in any day now

Jim P.S. Nemesis without autotune is $900 also.
JRUDY

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech