Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

2011 monster 696 integrated tail light

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

2011 monster 696 integrated tail light

Postby brixmonster » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey I bought an integrated tail light from d2moto but it came with no wiring diagram or instructions. The tail light itself has a yellow and blue lead for the signals and it also came with two resistors (I assume for the blinking portion) and those have white leads. The stock signal light leads that go into plastic connector are both black. From that connection into the wiring harness there is one dark and one white with a dark stripe. I was going to assume that I splice the resistor with white leads inbetween the white with dark stripe wires going to each signal set into the harness. I dont wanna blow the resistor if I hook it up wrong, so if anyone has this type of integrated tail light, or knows the harness well enough with my shifty description and can lend a hand I would appreciate it. I got my evotech tonight and I'm anxious to put it all together.
brixmonster

Re: 2011 monster 696 integrated tail light

Postby The Goochman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:07 pm

Have you tried asking the manufacturer? THey may have the instructions on their website.

The Goochman
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby brixmonster » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:39 pm

I have Gooch, their website has f all and they havent responded to my email. Shitty customer service so I won't be buying from them again. It was D2moto FYI. I can assume that the resistor should be off the hot leg for the blinking portion and the other for the ground. I haven't had any luck here so I'll give er a try and if I blow up the resistor I guess I'll stick on the stock signals.
brixmonster

Postby The Goochman » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:06 pm

It was a good suggestion, even if it didn't work out. Sorry I can't help you any more than that.

Dave G
Dave Gooch
aka The Goochman
The Goochman

Postby brixmonster » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:20 am

Np Gooch, I gave er a shot on my own tonite and got the integrated tail light and the evotech bracket installed and it looks mint!! I'm gonna do my own mod to the evo bracket and get the plate further behind the tail light. Thanks anyway, it looks great and I'm happy!
brixmonster

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech