Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

999 front cyclinder down

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
2 posts • Page 1 of 1

999 front cyclinder down

Postby vfong » Wed May 23, 2012 2:57 pm

This may not be an uncommon thing. I had an electrical clitch last yr at grand bend- the front cylinder did not fire, next session out it was good for one lap and eventually it did not come back. The repair consisted of repairing a break in the harness leading to the front coil. It was good after that in Sept 11' at Calabogie.
Then just two weeks ago, same thing happened in the second session out, it seems somewhat heat dependant. The mechanic said he found a different area that the wire broke and replaced and re-routed the whole harness away from the rectifier. I picked it up yesterday and went 2 km and lost the front cyclinder again. We figured the next step is change plug or the coil. We decided to change the front plug, and swap the front coil to the rear (there was no spare coils available, don't ask me which dealer- hint -its somewhere between toronto and hamilton). Test drive by the mechanic says no problem. I have two used coils being shipped to me. I will pick up the bike tomorrow Thursday and open her up on the QEW. But is there any other experience out there that can assist us should we continue to have problems.
vfong

Re: 999 front cyclinder down

Postby cm250to999 » Thu May 31, 2012 10:00 am

I've seen '03-4 ECU lose spark signal output to coil, but always permanent...not intermittent.
Doubt that is any help. Cayuga crash making me a bit slow....
For, those that fly, may fight againe, Which he can never do that's slain.
OR: Fewer crashes mean more track time. ;)
cm250to999

2 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech