Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

New Project (or Track) 2002 900ss

Discuss maintenance and modification of modern Ducatis'.
5 posts • Page 1 of 1

New Project (or Track) 2002 900ss

Postby dcmills » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:17 pm

Hi everyone. It happened. I purchased the second bike.
My first is a 2008 Monster S2R 1000. But i missed the 900ss i sold over a year ago. I don't know what i was thinking. So I found this one, higher Kms, been dropped on its side and slid a bit. But the price was right.

So, now i am searching for some bits and pieces to put things back in place. I missed track day last month, but would like to take this bike on the next one if possible.

What I am looking for:
Left side fairing - is pretty scratched up. May be repairable - any thoughts?
It has a half carbon clutch cover that i would like to trade for a stock full cover - let me know if you'd like to trade.
Also, I don't have any of the fairing bolts - Anyone know where I can find a full set?

Final Note, I have a full set of 2007 Monster signal lights and tail light if anyone needs them. I am sure there are other folks out there with bits and pieces kicking around. If you are in the Waterloo area, drop me a line if you want to go for a ride, help put this thing together or need some parts or help.

Enjoyed the Pub Night in Milton. Look forward to the next one.

All the best,
David
dcmills

Re: New Project (or Track) 2002 900ss

Postby Mark Lussier » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:46 am

EvilBay is your friend. I've purchased this in the past for my 900. It's a complete set, well packaged and labeled.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Ducati-900ss-Sta ... 3a&vxp=mtr

I have some SS & CR fairing bits here in Kitchener. Most are rashed, but enough to get you on the track. You can take a look and borrow what you need until you sort out your stuff.
DOCC Events Coordinator
Mark Lussier

Postby Ric » Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 pm

Sounds like you bought the 900 i owned for a few years.Great bike with a really sound motor.Does it have a little k&n for a crankcase breather and flat black belt covers?
Good strong motor.I think it dynoed at 79.7hp when it had about 30k on it.Not bad.It never needed very many shims.I have the original breather box and plumbing in my garage.Yours if you want it. Ric
I'll meet ya in the bar.
Ric Waterloo #944
Ric

Postby dcmills » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Rick,
I think it is the same bike. It looks like it was well cared for. It has just over 57,000 kms on it right now.
Looks straight even though it was laid down. I sold my dark 2002 900ss last spring. Probably shouldn't have done that and felt bad about it afterwards. But back into one again now.

I am in Waterloo. You are welcome to take a look at it and reminisce a bit. :)

dcmills@rogers.com

David.
dcmills

Postby dcmills » Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:33 pm

And many thanks to Mark for the bits and pieces and seat.

Bike is all functional. I just need to touch up the scuff marks and take the Bear hair out of the front rim.... :roll:

David
dcmills

5 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to modern ducati tech