Ducati Owners Club Of Canada

Westcoast rides worth doing

Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, and British Columbia
10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Westcoast rides worth doing

Postby Catimann » Thu Feb 22, 2007 12:27 am

Transfered in from general:

I think we will need to have several of these because each Province will have many good places to ride.

I just got my bike but can't wait to ride the following route: Lytton - Lillooet - Cache Creek and back. I just wish some of this stretch would be repaved. In Cache Creek is a Herbie's diner just north of the DQ that has great burgers and other stuff like root beer.

Where do you like to ride?

Catimann

If you ever get over to the Island, try the Gold River Highway. It's very twisty, pretty schenic with good pavement and not much traffic.
John.
Okay try the West Side Road north from Kelowna to Vernon if you want a great road. Then go south to Penticton and take East Side Road to Okanagan Falls south to Oliver then west and north through Willowbrook to Twin Lakes and up to Apex and down to Penticton again. Fine roads clear of police and very little traffic.

Have fun.

Brent
can someone mail me some pics of that routes/points to get an idea...(of what i'm missing)
would be very kind
Petzi
The first two posts are self explanitory, just look up the towns on a web site like Mapquest and then you can look at Google earth. to get a better idea as to the view.

"The West Side Road north from Kelowna to Vernon" talks about the west side of the lake so again you can figure that out with Mapquest. "Then go south to Penticton and take East Side Road to Okanagan Falls south to Oliver then west and north through Willowbrook to Twin Lakes and up to Apex (This is a ski mountain on the west side of the Okanagan valley) and down to Penticton again."
You'll see there are several big lakes in the okanagan valley so that iswhy there are east and west sideroads. As far as pictures go It will be best to google under images becasue you will get thousands of shots.

Does anyone know the name of that book detailing the best rides in BC? They also made one for other parts of N.A.
hey catimann,

ok, everything's clear and self explanitory but i thought about hand-made pics of an individual tour. not that google and mapquest stuff. this is good for a general view.

but maybe you can give me your personal impressions of your the next tour on these roads...
Petzi
Catimann
Catimann

Postby Rocket Rick » Wed Feb 28, 2007 1:14 pm

Bike borrower extraordinaire!
Rocket Rick

Westcoast rides

Postby Catimann » Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:15 pm

Catimann
Catimann

Re: Westcoast rides

Postby Catimann » Sat Apr 14, 2007 11:54 am

Catimann
Catimann

Postby Catimann » Tue Jul 24, 2007 10:24 pm

Catimann
Catimann

Kaslo area vid

Postby Catimann » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:00 pm

For those interested in what the area looks like from the headlights perspective:
Catimann
Catimann

Postby petzi » Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:25 am

petzi

Re: Westcoast rides worth doing

Postby Catimann » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:40 pm

Catimann
Catimann

BC Rides

Postby Brian_Lees » Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:40 pm

One good source for BC roads is http://www.destinationhighways.com They have a comprehencive list of good roads. However that said BCs new traffic fine system is not really condusive to fun riding. One speeding ticket per year for three years will net you $350 per year for three years. With this new legislation apparently also comes a new quota of 5% up from 1.5 % which means The Revenue Collecting Motorized Patrol will no doubt looking to meet this new challenge with there unmarked pickuptrucks, minivans and other secretive HP vehicles.

As for the Gold River Road, # 4 in Destination Hiways its policed to death now and not really in the greatest shape. Food is still great at the Ridge Pub in Gold River. You can still get out there some evenings during the week for a good run.
Brian Lees
Unemployed motorcycle apprentice
Keep your knees in the breeze
Brian_Lees

Postby bafflebrain » Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:05 pm

bafflebrain

10 posts • Page 1 of 1

Return to Western Region